It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error occurs when updated licenses in DOORS Next - The uploaded license key does not appear to be a CAL or server key. ID CRJAZ1337E

Carol Watson (735119) | asked Sep 25, 9:08 a.m.

Attempting to update the number of Analyst licenses and receive the error  "The uploaded license key does not appear to be a CAL or server key. ID CRJAZ1337E"  upon installing the new DOORSNext_Analyst-Floating_unlocked.jar file that I downloaded from Passport Advantage.  The original DOORSNext_Analyst-Floating_unlocked.jar file works as expected, but the new one fails with the error. I've downloaded the new file a couple of times now with the same result each time. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (735119) | answered Sep 27, 4:54 p.m.

Final answer was to contact the Passport Advantage team. 

800 978 2246
paonline@us.ibm.com

Directions provided: 
Click on Passport Advantage Online drop down
Click on PAO for customers
Click on “Customer sign in”
Enter your IBM ID and Password
Under “Software Download” menu click on Software Download
Search IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next V7.0 Analyst_Floating Perpetual Activation File Multilingual (CC5BCML)
2.    Click on View Image --->
3.    Click on Proceed to Download.
4.    Click on “HTTP” If download director is not installed
5.    Then click on “I Agree” and “Download Now”

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.6k217) | answered Sep 25, 7:47 p.m.

Make sure the license key version is the same as the product version you've installed. I've seen this error before when there is a version mismatch.

Comments
Carol Watson commented Sep 26, 11:31 a.m.

Thanks Davyd, this confirms what I was thinking too.  I couldn't find a license file in the version that we're on (7.0.2) so was using the next version up (7.0.3), thinking they posted it only with the latest version files or something.  I'm meeting with IBM today and will hopefully have a final answer, which I'll add to this discussion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.