It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to tell from build log which version of the build toolkit is being used

Rick Patterson (40148) | asked Aug 18 '17, 10:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi.

In the console of of a Jenkins job using the Team Concert Plugin, and then the build toolkit, there is only this reference to the source fetch step:

13:42:29 RTC : checkout...
13:42:32 RTC Checkout : Source control setup
13:42:32 RTC Checkout : Accepting changes into workspace "Workspace_name" ...
13:42:34 Using build definition configuration.
13:42:34 Fetching files from workspace "Workspace_name".
13:42:35 RTC Checkout : Fetching files to fetch destination "C:\jenkins\workspace\Job_name" ...
13:42:37 RTC Checkout : Fetching Completed
But, issue is, there may be a number of build tool kits defined, one is the Jenkins global default, but the slave  connection or  the Jenkins job itself may have overridden this. 

The information above that is echoed out to the job console log should show which toolkit is being used.
Am using buildtoolkits 5.0.2 and 6.0.3.  While testing the upgrade to 6.0.3, would be nice to know that if my job is actually the using the toolkit I am trying to test.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 28 '17, 7:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Rick,

I was not able to find to find a way to show this information. I think it would be valuable to have something like this. Please open an enhancement request.

Comments
Rick Patterson commented Sep 07 '17, 1:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks, Ralph.  I am unsure how to open a enhancement. Do you have a link where I would do that ?

SEC Servizi commented Sep 08 '17, 4:19 a.m. | edited Sep 08 '17, 4:20 a.m.
I am unsure how to open a enhancement. Do you have a link where I would do that ? 

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

I think it would be valuable to have something like this.
+1

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 11 '17, 11:20 a.m.

I opened RFE to have a method for the Plain Client emit info about the version, build, etc...

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=53861

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.