It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0.3 - Test Case Review Report has "Test Plan" selection box empty

Tom Leser (1916) | asked Jul 28 '17, 3:20 p.m.

For the Test Case Review Report, there are no Test Plans displayed.  If I run a TSER report though, I'm able to select my test plans. 

Comments
Tom Leser commented Jul 31 '17, 2:20 p.m.

Still haven't been able to figure this one out, hoping somebody might have an answer.

One answer

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered Aug 03 '17, 11:18 p.m.

Hi TOM,

Not exactly sure how your 'Test Case Review Report' built, but when you choose 'Test Case' from Report Builder>Choose an artifact, the Test Plan is not available from Format Results>Add columns>Attributes list.

What you can do is to manually modify the Query to add Test Plan.
From Advanced>Edit Query>OK
Add TESTPLAN_NAME column into original query.
Validate Query.

Once passed validation, then RUN and Save reports.
Hope this helps.

Comments
Tom Leser commented Aug 07 '17, 7:24 p.m.

Cathy,

Thank you for the response.  My reports section doesn't look anything like yours.  Which version of RQM are you on?

Cathy Xu commented Aug 07 '17, 8:52 p.m.

Tom,

The 'Test Case Review Report' you mentioned is the out-of-box report in RQM?

Tom Leser commented Aug 19 '17, 9:35 p.m.

Cathy, yes this is the report that I'm referring to.  Your test plan box is populated with 4 different options, mine is all blank.  

Cathy Xu commented Aug 20 '17, 9:17 p.m.

Hi Tom,

'Test case Review' report pulls data from the data warehouse.
You mentioned you can select test plan from another report, TCER. TCER report is Live report, the data comes from live QM data base.

For report on data warehouse, you need to have a data warehouse set up and to ensure that the data collection jobs ran successfully to load data into data warehouse.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.