It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In the RQM Test Case creation form, how do I make any entries 'required'?

A S (58530) | asked Jul 26 '17, 5:19 p.m.
edited Aug 13 '17, 4:19 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

There seem to only a pre-defined set of activities that you can choose from like making sure one cannot save a case that has already been approved.  I want to make some of the fields like project areas, environment etc required.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 13 '17, 4:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have removed the RTC tag on this question, since I don't see how it relates to RTC.

One answer

permanent link
Somashakar Kannan (962) | answered Aug 08 '17, 3:24 a.m.

Hi A S,

I don't think you can make entries mandatory in RQM currently. 
In 'Manage Project Properties', you can make category and attribute as required(mandatory). Using mandatory custom attribute to remind the user to fill some fields they are required can be an option to consider. 

You can create a new attribute for test case in 'Manage Project Properties' and make it as mandatory so that the user who creates the test case needs to set those attributes.

reagads,
Somashakar

Comments
A S commented Aug 08 '17, 10:12 a.m.

Thank you.  I appreciate your help.  I will try your suggestion while I wait to see if someone else has another solution that is more convenient else I will submit an enhancement request to IBM Rational.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.