It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can use DOORs NG client extension after opening MiniDashboard only

Dmitry A. Lesin (24826096) | asked Jul 24 '17, 5:09 a.m.

Hello!
I have found a serious constraint in extending of DOORs Next Generation v6.0.4 with Client Extension API technology. I developed a client extension which can be triggered after a user saves an artifact. And the JavaScript works well.
But the problem is that if the script will work only after user unfold the MiniDashboard panel at least once (after user loged in to DOORs NG). Next MiniDashboard can be hidden but it must be unfold at least once!
It's not good because the script automizes the work of users! But if they didn't unfold MiniDashboard, the script can not provide the necessary work.
Could you please recommend some workaround or another solution to cope with the problem? May be I was doing something wrong!
Thank you very much in advance!

2 answers

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12749) | answered May 03 '20, 7:17 p.m.

Dmitry,

DOORS Next Client Extension API is scripts are only executed when the mini widget is visible because otherwise the widget is not able to respond to handlers.

The only thing you can try is to put this JavaScript code as part of DNG theme. I am not sure if it will work but it is worth trying because widget has to be visible to execute any code.

permanent link
Kirk Woods (9168) | answered May 04 '20, 1:04 a.m.

Be very careful adding JavaScript to a theme; it can severely impact performance.

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented May 04 '20, 3:35 a.m.

True, that is why I do not recommend and if you do so be careful. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.