It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve all unbounded requirements of a project

Benjamin Röhl (1671324) | asked Jan 09 '18, 10:18 a.m.

Hello,

we are starting to investigate the new DOORS NG module API (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGModuleApiOverview), esp. to remove requirements from a module.
Until now we used the private API to remove requirements from a module. With that call we also got all unbounded requirements.

So is there a way to get all requirements, which are no more exisiting in any module when removing those from a particular module?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 11 '18, 3:35 a.m.

So basically you want all the requirements minus those bound in some modules. It will be very expensive to run I suppose.

Benjamin Röhl commented Jan 12 '18, 7:36 a.m.

@dnong What I would like to have is an alternative to the private method deleting a requirements from a module and getting all unbounded artifacts, thus I can delete them in an extra step explicitly.

An ideal solution should use the new introduced module API and some other API to get all unbounded requirements.

Donald Nong commented Jan 16 '18, 7:52 p.m.

So you shouldn't get all unbounded requirements, and you just need to test whether a base artifact is reused in any modules. I know that private APIs can do that - that's when you check the "Where used" on the DNG GUI. The Module API is based on modules (working in an opposite direction) so I don't think it will work.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.