It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access links defined in base artifact from a artifact within the context of a module?

Pierre Bentkowski (61517) | asked Nov 11 '14, 10:51 p.m.
edited Nov 11 '14, 10:52 p.m.

Using the DNG REST API (through RPE) I can access each artifact contained in a specific module
dataSource/artifact/moduleContext/contextBinding/about

Then I can use and cast the "about" URI to a resources or a text datasource, to get more information on the artifact.
Like the attributes, links, etc

in my case, most links associated to the artifact are not in the artifact within the context of a module, but in the base artifact.
Is there a way, in RPE (using the reources, text, or module schema) to navigate to the base artifact.
I could not figure it out.

One answer

permanent link
Pierre Bentkowski (61517) | answered Apr 16 '15, 6:12 p.m.
In the module schema, for each artifact that compose the module, there is the information to access the artifact within the module context (dataSource/artifact/moduleContext/contextBinding/about) and the base artifact (dataSource/artifact/moduleContext/contextBinding/core)

To access the artifact within the context of the module, configure the resource data source as follow:
about.replace(/resources\/.*/,"publish/resources?resourceURI=")

To access the artifact within the folder (base artifact) configure the resource data source as follow:
about.replace(/resources\/.*/,"publish/resources?resourceURI=") + core

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.