It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

plugin bundle started and active but the plugin is not working.

lakshmi jyothsna (3716) | asked Jul 24 '17, 2:46 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '17, 3:11 a.m.

Hi all,

With lot of hopes i am seeking help!!!

We developed a plugin named as " rtchelperplugins" using RTC6.0 server side libraries. The problem is we are finding that our plug -in bundle started  and is active in Provision status and we didnot found any errors regarding our plugin in ccm.log file also. but still our plugin is not working. The reason of why the conditions in the plugin class files are not working. here i am pasting the Provision status ,kindly help us .looking forward for your reply: 

my advisor (precondition) is also missing .I tried to add the precondition manually from process configuration source ,still it didn't work .  i restarted eclipse and tried many times, and i did server reset also  but end up with same problem, please suggest me any  way.
Provision status: 
CRJAZ0303I The profile install from "file:ccm/sites/rtchelperupdatesite" was started at "Wed Jul 19 20:19:00 IST 2017".

CRJAZ0300I This feature is being installed: "rtchelperfeature_1.0.0.201707191534".
CRJAZ0299I Installing bundle from the URL "file:/c%3a/IBM/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/rtchelperupdatesite/plugins/rtchelperplugins_1.0.0.201707191534.jar".
CRJAZ0307I Starting the bundle "rtchelperplugins 1.0.0.201707191534".

Thanks and Regards:

Jyothsna.

Comments
Kim Soederhamn commented Jul 24 '17, 8:58 a.m.

could you try moving the site to a different and more simple location and update you provision profile ? 

also when you say the plugin is not working where do you see that ? is the advisor missing when you try to add it ? have you restarted eclipse ? I noticed that eclipse sometimes does not pickup the advisor update before restarted after the server restart.

3 answers

permanent link
lakshmi jyothsna (3716) | answered Jul 24 '17, 9:29 a.m.

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i update the provision profile but it does not yields. yeah your guess is correct, my advisor (precondition) is also missing .I tried to add the precondition manually from process configuration source ,still it didn't work .  i restarted eclipse and tried many times, and i did server reset also  but end up with same problem, please suggest me any other way.
regards,
jyothsna

Comments
Kim Soederhamn commented Jul 25 '17, 4:10 a.m.

Well if it does not show up it does not sound like its loaded correctly.
Is this the first extension you create ? have you had success with loading other preconditions ? If not please try a simple on and check it out. If you have had success with other advisors I would suggest you check this extension on a simple server - perhaps a quick liberty install. Just to rule out any conflicts with other extensions. Also please validate the version of the api you are using is correct for the RTC instance you are extending.

I know this is basic stuff but I don't have an obvious solution from what you have shared.

permanent link
lakshmi jyothsna (3716) | answered Jul 25 '17, 4:38 a.m.

hi Kim,

Thanks a lot for reply!!

But its not our first plug -in , we successed in loading other preconditions. Even this rtchelperplugins also worked fine in RTC 6.0.3 libraries , in 6.0.3 environment. While trying the same plugin in 6.0 environment we are facing this issue.Yeah we are using the same version API .ie. RTC  6.0 api for running in RTC 6.0 server environment.
Regards,
Jyothsna.

Comments
Kim Soederhamn commented Jul 25 '17, 5:04 a.m.

So I'm a little confused.

your plugin works using the 6.0.3 API on a 6.0.3 server.

but when you run it on a 6.0 server freshly compiled with a 6.0 api it fails ?

but you have other extensions that work with the 6.0 server ?

Could you try the 6.0 version on a new instance server - just to rule out any problems with other plugins?

permanent link
lakshmi jyothsna (3716) | answered Jul 25 '17, 5:26 a.m.

Thanks Kim,

I will try in other instance.Actually we too felt this as mystery .why it is failing in 6.0. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.