It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add a Custom Field in the RTC Child PA when the inheritance for Attribute Customization is broken.

Achla Mahendroo (13110) | asked Jul 21 '17, 11:05 a.m.

I am trying to add a Custom Field(Value Set Combo ) in the Child PA , the inheritance between Child and Master PA is broken only for the Attribute Customization.

Below steps i performed in the Master PA:

I added the Custom field(Type: Medium String) in the Master PA under the 'Attributes' section.

Added the Custom Field (Kind: Value Set Combo) in the Editor Presentation section.

Then i added the Custom Field in the 'Value Set' of type HTTP Filtered Value Set.

Set/Pointed the 'Value Set' to the Custom Field in the Attributes' section.

Saved the Master PA.

Added the Custom Field along with items/value in the XML in the Child PA.

Opened the Child PA in the Web: The Custom Field is visible on the Form but the Drop down is not fetching any data.

Can anyone help in getting the Custom Field work as a Value Set Combo in the Child PA?

Please note that the Inheritance is already broken between the Master and Child PA.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 24 '17, 3:24 a.m.

In RTC Eclipse client, open the configuration of the Child PA, go to the Process Configuration Source tab. What you see there is the customization of the Child PA, and the corresponding part from the Master PA will not be inherited any more. Now you can remove all the content there and save the Child PA, and it should follow the exactly same process as the Master again.

Based on your description, I have no idea why the Value Set did not work for you. I suggest you try the same thing in a normal PA first and see how it works.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 24 '17, 4:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you have broken the process inheritance for attribute  customization, you have to add your custom attribute to the project area you call "Child". Once the inheritance is broken, the consuming project area does not get any more updates in the section that is overwritten attribute customization is part of the work items process component and all that is no longer inherited.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.