It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Import Utility: How to link a testscript AND a remotescript to a testcase?

Jürgen Brückler (69122) | asked Jul 17 '17, 9:17 a.m.

I want to import the following artifacts from Excel into RQM using the RQM Excel Import Utility:

• Manual testscripts (testscript)
  • Command line testscripts (remotescript)
  • Testcases that shall link to both: Its manual testscript and its remotescript

The relevant part of the configuration file I am currently using is:
testcase.ID=A
testcase.dc:title=testscript.dc:title
testscript.XLSArtifactID=A
testscript.dc:title=A
remotescript.XLSArtifactID=A remotescript.dc:title=N testcase.XLSLink=remotescript

All artifacts are being imported correctly, but the testcases only link to the (manual) testscripts (which have the same XLSArtifactID and title), but they do not link to the (automated) remotescripts (which has the same ID but different title).

When changing the configuration entry for testcase.ID to
testcase.ID=remotescript.XLSArtifactID
the testcase will link to the remotescripts, but not to the testscripts.
I can even remove the XLSLink configuration entry, one link (either to testscripts or to remotescripts) will always be created - but unfortunately never the 2nd one ...

Can I write two targets into the XLSLink-tag? (e.g. like "testscript;remotescript")
Or is there another way of achieving this?

Thanks for your guidance!
Juergen

One answer

permanent link
Jürgen Brückler (69122) | answered Jul 18 '17, 8:27 a.m.
edited Jul 18 '17, 8:27 a.m.

Yeah, I got it solved on my own!

This document helped me to find the solution.

I had to add this line to the configuration file:
testcase.remotescript=Link(N)
Now both links (one to the manual testscript and one to the remotescript) will be added to each testcase.

Best regards,
Juergen

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.