It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

create a web dashboard with test plan execution status by pulling information from RQM

Vyshali Enukonda (633) | asked Jul 07 '14, 2:39 p.m.
 Hi,

I am an intern.I am new to RQM and I would like to have test case execution records from RQM to reflect on  an internal web page in my company(real time).Coudl some one tell me what is the best way to achieve this?

One answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Jul 07 '14, 2:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Not sure what you are trying to do - why not just use an existing widget from RQM dashboard and point to the rqm home page - it does all the work you need - I don't see the need to try to export to another web page.   There are widgets that display TCER status and can be easily made to be by user that logins.  No sense in trying to create something that already exists.

Comments
Vyshali Enukonda commented Jul 07 '14, 2:56 p.m.

Thanks David.However, I know about creating widgets.The purpose is to have an internal webpage which reflects the execution status records from RQM for the sake of people who will not be given access to RQM.

David Mehaffy commented Jul 07 '14, 3:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Seems like a lot of work when you could just give them a contributor license which would give them read only access.  If you use the restAPI you are not going to get "real time" access and you are going to spend a lot of effort collecting the data and parsing it is a nice displayable way.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.