It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Download/Asset tag in ram ant library fails after 7.5.3 RAM upgrade

Kary Payne (112) | asked Jul 13 '17, 12:43 p.m.
edited Jul 13 '17, 12:46 p.m.

I have an ant script used to download an asset from RAM. If the version is not supplied, the latest version should be selected and downloaded. This was working fine under 7.5.2.4 but after the upgrade to 7.5.3, it fails. The portion of the script is as follows:

<ram:download destdir="${env.ram_destination_path}" server="ramServer" extract="true" overwrite="true">
<ram:asset guid="${env.ram_download_asset_guid}" server="ramServer" >

Excerpt from stack trace:
[ram:download] log4j:ERROR Unexpected char [i] at position 33 in conversion patterrn.
[ram:download] [07/13/17 11:46:00 EDT] %-10i 0       DEBUG     main                                  com.ibm.ram.client.RAMSession         RAMSession.java - Loading the 'com.ibm.ram.internal.client.RAMClient' using context class loader
[ram:download] [07/13/17 11:46:00 EDT] %-10i 0       DEBUG     main                                  com.ibm.ram.client.RAMSession         RAMSession.java - Loading the 'com.ibm.ram.internal.client.RAMClient' using context class loader
[ram:download] [07/13/17 11:46:03 EDT] %-10i 2846    DEBUG     main                                  com.ibm.ram.client.RAMSession         RAMSession.java - 
[ram:download] com.ibm.ram.common.data.exception.AssetNotFoundException
[ram:download] at com.ibm.ram.internal.access.ws.Utilitiesv72.copy(Utilitiesv72.java:1087)
[ram:download] at com.ibm.ram.internal.access.ws.RAMv72.getAssetByID(RAMv72.java:1889)
[ram:download] at com.ibm.ram.client.RAMSession.fetchAssetFromServer(RAMSession.java:955)
[ram:download] at com.ibm.ram.client.RAMSession.getAsset(RAMSession.java:665)
[ram:download] at com.ibm.ram.client.RAMSession.getAsset(RAMSession.java:719)
[ram:download] at com.ibm.ram.internal.client.ant.types.Asset.getAsset(Asset.java:433)
[ram:download] at com.ibm.ram.internal.client.ant.tasks.DownloadTask.downloadAssets(DownloadTask.java:312)

Can someone assist?

One answer

permanent link
Rahul Choudhary (662) | answered Jul 17 '17, 11:59 a.m.

Hi Kary,

Can you try giving the version num of the asset you are trying to find and see if it works.

Comments
Kary Payne commented Jul 17 '17, 12:10 p.m.

Yes. Supplying the version works as expected. However, due to the nature of the application, I need my ant script to automatically select the latest version. Is there a new way to do this?

Rahul Choudhary commented Jul 18 '17, 6:12 a.m.

Hi Kary,

You may want to try giving version="*" . 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.