It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRRRC2123E Message

Francis Kemp (7212944) | asked Sep 18 '09, 2:59 p.m.
Hi,

Installed RRC Server V1.0.0.1 on my server and RRC client V1.0.0.1 on my client machine. Went through all the installation steps successfully.

Tried to connect the client and server and received the following message:

-----------
CRRRC2123E: You are running version 1.0.1.0 of RRC and trying to connect to a repository running version 1.0 or RRC.
These versions are not compatible.
-----------

I _really_ do have V1.0.0.1 installed on both machines. Trust me.

The funny thing about this is that there is no V1.0.1.0 of RRC (that I know of)

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Fran

3 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 18 '09, 4:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Fran,

There have been a few threads regarding this problem, all of which have been configuration related. I would suggest removing your existing functional user, and creating a new one. To start, give the functional user the same password as the user name, and then re-add the user, making sure that the functional user has the system license, and is added as an administrator to the project area. Once the server is working, you can change the functional users password if necessary. Hope it helps,

Hi,

Installed RRC Server V1.0.0.1 on my server and RRC client V1.0.0.1 on my client machine. Went through all the installation steps successfully.

Tried to connect the client and server and received the following message:

-----------
CRRRC2123E: You are running version 1.0.1.0 of RRC and trying to connect to a repository running version 1.0 or RRC.
These versions are not compatible.
-----------

I _really_ do have V1.0.0.1 installed on both machines. Trust me.

The funny thing about this is that there is no V1.0.1.0 of RRC (that I know of)

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Fran

permanent link
Francis Kemp (7212944) | answered Sep 18 '09, 4:44 p.m.
Thanks for the reply. I realized shortly before you posted that the functionaluser account didn't have the system license.

Then I got a different error, CRRRC2105E, which occurred when I tried to connect as a user that only had the Write process role in the rdm project. I found that in order to connect to the repository, a user must have the Reader process role. Having Writer alone won't get you in.

Why can't all this info be in the installation instructions??

I feel better now.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 18 '09, 5:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are some pretty good videos/tutorials on this on the IBM Education Assistant, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/rtnv1r0/index.jsp. You might also want to check out this page on the Requirements Composer Information Center, https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v7r1m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.install_upgrade.doc/topics/t_postinst_over_product.html

Hope it helps,

Thanks for the reply. I realized shortly before you posted that the functionaluser account didn't have the system license.

Then I got a different error, CRRRC2105E, which occurred when I tried to connect as a user that only had the Write process role in the rdm project. I found that in order to connect to the repository, a user must have the Reader process role. Having Writer alone won't get you in.

Why can't all this info be in the installation instructions??

I feel better now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.