It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC-RPE usage a field "Link"

Evgeniya Nikitina (1569) | asked Nov 13 '13, 4:43 a.m.
Hi all!

I am using a configuration of IBM RRC 4.0.3 and RPE 1.1.2.2 document template, running from the RRC server.
I use the “Field” element in RPE and a Link field  code (in ‘Properties > Formating > Specific > field code’) to insert this file as an OLE object.
Field code: "LINK Word.Document.12 \"C:\\\\Fields\\\\1.docx\" "+"\\a \\f 0 \\p".
(in Word: {LINK Word.Document.12 "C:\\Fields\\1.docx" \a \f 0 \p})
As a result the generation of a document from RRC I get a Word field with width full-page Word document and without an icon with the title of document.

How can I set the size of the icon and the name of the linked document?
Thanks!

PS. Related question https://jazz.net/forum/questions/129893/rpe-how-to-include-a-document-file-doc-excel-ppm-ecc-as-an-object

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alberto Teodoro (6632638) | answered Nov 14 '13, 3:29 a.m.
Hi Evgenya,
I have to update my post with our solution.

We have decided to "include" doc files that already have embedded objects: option "Include file".
In this way we have also all objects (docs, excell, files, ecc...) directly embedded in our final doc and related with icons.
Other advantage is that the doc file with embedded objects can be an artifact itself in RRC and so we don't need to have objects stored in our clients when we produce the document in RPE.

Ciao
Alberto 
Evgeniya Nikitina selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 13 '13, 4:57 a.m.
You can rather use a Hyperlink and set its content to the Data Expression. To set the name of the linked document, use "Display" property of the Hyperlink element.

Comments
Evgeniya Nikitina commented Nov 14 '13, 8:14 a.m.

Thanks for answer!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.