It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why new Eclipse client is not getting open, when I select Debug Configurations -> [RTCExt] RTC Eclipse Client.

Krishna K (137) | asked Jun 22 '17, 1:29 p.m.

I have installed CLM 6.0.3 which includes CCM, JTS, with Tomcat 6.0.59. While doing installation I have followed each and every step given in extension workshop and now at the time of Debug Configurations step new EClipse client is not getting open it is giving exception

"!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
    !STACK
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:600)
        ................."
Can anyone please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Comments
Ian Wark commented Jun 23 '17, 12:55 a.m.

FWIW If you have trouble getting CLM 6.0.3 to work, you will be successful with 6.0.1. I was able to run the original workshop without any hitches with the additions from Ralph mentioned here using WAS Liberty and CLM 6.0.1. If you try to use 6.0.2 I don't think you will be able to start Jetty due to this problem.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 22 '17, 2:36 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 22 '17, 2:49 p.m.

The RTC Extensions workshop 6.0.3 and higher uses WebSphere Liberty Profile (WLP) and not Tomcat. If you use Tomcat I can't help but the updated description for the workshop is now available here: https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 

Launching the debug client does not have anything to do with Tomcat or WLP, it is basically just Eclipse and the client SDK, however in 6.0.3 substantial changes were introduced and if you don't follow the updated workshop, you will likely fail. I had published the update here, while I was unable to update the library article due to maintenenace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.