It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrating RTC 3.0.1.3 with Infosphere Data Architect 8.1 (IDA)

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Aug 01 '12, 11:25 a.m.
edited Aug 03 '12, 12:01 p.m.

According to release notes for IDA 8.1 it says it supports Eclipse Based products on 3.6.  I am trying to install RTC 3.0.1.3 into the shell of IDA 8.1 and I am getting the error:

Message ID: CRIMA1071E

The following additional components are required in installation location 'IBM InfoSphere':

In installation context "com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide":

Component "org.eclipse.cvs" required by component "com.ibm.team.filesystem.ide.rtc.feature" was not found

In installation context "com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide":

Component "org.eclipse.cvs" required by component "com.ibm.team.filesystem.ide.rtc.feature" was not found

I tried installing the org.eclipse.cvs module into the IDA environment, but I still get this message.  Any Ideas?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 02 '12, 2:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

www.google.de/search?q=CRIMA1071E reveals some hits for example http://techstack.com/forum/websphere-rss/108693-crima1071e-installation-package-ibm-websphere-application-server-v7-feature-pac.html. Not sure if this is related but it might be worth a try.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nhi P Ta (18841018) | answered Aug 03 '12, 11:49 a.m.
Hi Robert,

Not sure if there is much difference between RTC 3.0.1 and RTC 3.0.1.1 which are Eclipse 3.5.2 based. I managed to install RTC 3.0.1.1 to IDA 8.1 by installing its p2 repo.

If you have not tried p2 installation, then it is worthed a try and let us know.
Robert Carter selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Carter commented Aug 03 '12, 12:06 p.m.

I made a mistake in the my post that I have corrected. We are using RTC 3.0.1.3. I don't think it matters that much. But I will try the p2 install.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.