It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link Types in DoorsNG - why do I have more than I can use

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Jun 15 '17, 11:21 a.m.
retagged Jan 23 '18, 6:30 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

I'm trying to figure out why I have link types of derived from, elaborates etc as link types in my DoorsNG project, but don't appear to be able to use them .. is this something I have to configure somewhere that I missed ? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 20 '17, 3:24 a.m.

A set of system-defined of link types are built-in when a RM project is created. Whether they become available for selection depends on what other projects are associated with the project. For example, the Elaborates/Elaborated By link type is available only through an OSLC integration with UNICOM Focal Point. See this document for more details.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS2L6K_6.0.1/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_linktypes.html

Karen Steele selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karen Steele commented Jun 20 '17, 7:11 a.m.

thank you exactly the explanation I was looking for.

2 other answers

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Jun 15 '17, 11:57 a.m.

in the Manage Project Properties window there is are link types and link constraints. This is where link assignments are defined.

It is restricted based on which tools are installed,
Note if you define a link constraint it will limit the list of link types you can make.

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Jun 15 '17, 12:01 p.m.
edited Jun 15 '17, 12:02 p.m.

I think you misunderstood my question ..... I have a full CLM project enabled, the template chosen at the time of creation would have been Use Case for the DoorsNG piece ... I see a lot of link types in the project properties including those of which I mentioned above e.g. the Elaborates/Elaborated By, Derived from / Derives .. but no matter what artifact type I create, the link options do not include these as selectable values. 

There are no link constraints defined.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.