What do XDC files do?
Can I get a quick summary of what XDC files are doing exactly? I'm super green to CLM applications, but from my understanding of them: XDC files map the CLM REST API's xml response data to database queries exposed as a system level ODBC driver. This is in regards to data collection jobs (ETLs).
However, after doing some research I ran across some information stating that XDC files created for Insight/Data Manager are only used in 4.0.6 and below, before DCC made stock CLM ETLs via Data Manager obsolete.
So is there any reason for them in version 6.0.3? And would you necessarily need XDC files if you are using Data Collection Component?
Thank you
One answer
Hi Lexi -
Your understanding is correct, and with 6.0.3 you definitely would not need XDC files if you're using DCC (which you definitely should be).
Comments
showing 5 of 8
show 3 more comments