It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enable running command in RDNG server

Anh Do (27115) | asked Jun 02 '17, 5:56 a.m.

Hi team,

I have an issue with generating report for RDNG module.
I have create a RPE template using RPE document studio, in RPE studio, I have enable running command by adding this line to .ini file:
-Dcom.ibm.rational.rpe.enable_commands=true 

In RPE template, I have an execution command, when debug, the running command is successfully, but when I deploy my template into RDNG server, the command failed to run.

Is there any way to enable the running command mode in RDNG ALM server?

Please help me on this,

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Anh Do

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 06 '17, 1:46 a.m.

You do realize that the document generation component in RDNG is not RPE, don't you? It is in fact RRDG. This blog talks about the differences and relationship between the two.
https://rpeactual.com/2011/04/21/rrdg-vs-rpe/

It is quite likely that RRDG does not have the command execution capability at all.

Anh Do selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anh Do commented Jun 06 '17, 4:11 a.m.

Hi @Donald,

Thanks for your answer,
But I have to create a RPE template and run it in RRDG, with the capability of running a command that will download a file from ALM server (in requirement management application) then embed that file to the generated report. From RPE studio, the command is running fine, but when deploy to RRDG, it is not running successfully. Can you help me on this?

Thank you,
Best reagrds,
Anh Do

Donald Nong commented Jun 07 '17, 12:01 a.m.

As far as I know, and based on other discussions, you can only embed static images in the RPE templates used by RDNG.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.