It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

update wrapped resource issue when click on "edit" button of artifact

Anh Do (27115) | asked May 21 '17, 11:57 p.m.
edited May 21 '17, 11:59 p.m.

Hi Team,

Currently I have an issue with editing artifact.
I have used java client with OSLC call to insert a wrapped resource into artifact, file type to be used as image, visio, pdf, excel, work.
After inserting wrapped resource into "text" format artifact successfully, I used browser to check on that artifact, the wrapped resource is shown successfully, when I click on "edit" button to edit artifact content (primary text), the wrapped resource is disappear.

This situation does not happen to the case of updating artifact using web GUI. In the artifact screen, click on "Edit" button, then perform insert wrapped resource to artifact by using web GUI. After updating successfully, click on "edit" button again, the wrapped resource is not disappear.

Currently, I am using CLM RDNG version 6.0.2 iFix006

Please help me on this case, 
Thank you,
Best regards,
Anh Do

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 22 '17, 2:45 a.m.

I would suggest you do a GET against both the wrapped resource and the containing resource, and compare it to the working ones and see what is the difference.

Anh Do commented May 22 '17, 4:42 a.m. | edited May 22 '17, 5:22 a.m.
 Hi @Donald,
Thanks for your comment,
I have obtain the content of the containing resource, in both case (update by using java client with OSLC, and update by using web GUI)
There are some extra attribute inside the tags which named "id" and their value is the string with "_" and numbers.
I have no idea what is those numbers and where did they come from...
And this situation does not happen for image, with image, either it is updated by java client or by using web GUI, it is the same, and the image does not disappear when we click on "edit" button of artifact. This happen for other file types like pdf, doc, excel, and visio. Please see the different content in the below comment (since I have exceed the allowed characters here). Thank you

Anh Do commented May 22 '17, 4:42 a.m.

- For update by using java client with OSLC call

<jazz_rm:primaryText><div><p><span></span><span class="com-ibm-rdm-editor-EmbeddedResourceDecorator showContent"><a class="embedded" href=(wrapped resource URI)/></span></p></div></jazz_rm:primaryText>
- For update using web GUI:
<jazz_rm:primaryText>
<div><p id="_1495441124834"><span></span><span class="com-ibm-rdm-editor-EmbeddedResourceDecorator showContent"><a class="embedded" href=(wrapped resource uri) id="_1495441110668"></a></span></p></div></jazz_rm:primaryText>

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.