It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to change the calculation for the progress bar on a story work item?

Janet Charbonneau (852454) | asked May 18 '17, 12:42 p.m.

Is there a way to change the calculation of the progress bar on a story work item so it will calculate off of attributes within the same story work item?

The customer says they do not have time to add tasks underneath their stories, but would like to see their progress on the progress bar.  Is there a way to change the way the progress bar is being calculated?  I would like to add an attribute on the story work item that the customer can change to the current progress percentage and then have that percentage attribute update the progress bar.

Is this possible?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 18 '17, 1:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No. I am not aware that this would be possible at all.

Janet Charbonneau selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sudaraazhi Arivalagan commented Nov 13 '17, 8:29 a.m. | edited Nov 13 '17, 8:47 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Sure ? If yes, I would need to fetch the % value of "Work Progress" in Workitem.

I think to create a Custom JavaScript where I use getValue of "Work Progress" and populate into Custom attribute. But I am stuck with finding unique ID of "Work Progress" to get the value.

Can you suggest me how to get the % value of "Work Progress" ? 

Thanks

Sudar

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 13 '17, 8:46 a.m.

I would highly recommend trying to convince the customer to create a single "progress" task under each story, and then they can manually update the progress for that single progress task.   If you wanted to automate this, you could create a follow-up operation behavior for workitem-save, which automatically creates this progress task for a new story.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 13 '17, 9:17 a.m.

It would also be possible to use a custom attribute where the users can enter their progress. This would not do anything to the progress bar, obviously.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.