It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I correct story state/status: com.ibm.team.apt.storyWorkflow.state.s6 in RTC?

Mary Aileen Redulla (1112) | asked Jul 06 '15, 2:35 a.m.
I've been doing some changes to the story workflow in the Application Administration page of RTC and as a consequence of those changes, I realized that states of some stories were changed to com.ibm.team.apt.storyWorkflow.state.s6.  I tried modifying the actual story but I'm not able to select any other state.  Please advise how I could correct this.  Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
vishnudharan manivannan (1183742) | answered Jul 06 '15, 2:58 a.m.
 Hello Mary,

This happens when you accidently delete few workitem states from the process configuration however there might still be few userstories with those states and they are missing the reference and hence their original id is displayed.

To overcome this, export the workitems into a csv file. See [1] . Make sure you export the status as a column.
Now modify the status value to the desired status (provide the desired status value) and import them back to RTC.

Now you should be able to see the workitems back in their workflow.

Hope this helps.

Vishnu M

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945511) | answered Jul 06 '15, 3:21 a.m.
Hello Mary

Modifying configuration source is not a recommended approach and needs to be done under careful supervision if at all its a must.

Steps:

Extract and export the problem PA as a backup.
Open the RTC Eclipse Client and open the problem Project Area. Navigate to the Process configuration source tab. If you right click in the Configuration Source area, you would find a Show History option which retrieves the history of the configuration source from the repository, you could then perform a compare and restore to a previous state.

However, I would like to reiterate that modifying attribute ids and in general configuration source is not recommended as the consequences of a missed configuration could be varied and not very evident always.

Also, you can search in the problem PA for the state:com.ibm.team.apt.storyWorkflow.state.s6 and try fixing it in a test PA.

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.

Regards,
Rohit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.