It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to provide users access ONLY to be able to change workflow

Pravin Patil (104145134) | asked May 09 '17, 8:04 p.m.

Hi,

I want to give user ability to be able to update the "Transitions" of workitem workflow/states. user should not be able to anything beyond this as part of admin activities. Do I need to give him Jazzadmin role?
How to restrict user only to this function?

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 09 '17, 8:47 p.m.

Are you talking about modifying the state of a work item, or modifying the definition of a work flow in the process configuration?

Pravin Patil commented May 09 '17, 8:52 p.m.

I am referring to the workflow in process configuration, please refer to the attached screenshot (they should be able to change only the red highlighted area, "transitions") Workitem state transitions screenshot

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 09 '17, 10:15 p.m.

A workflow should not be changed frequently (if ever) once a project is started. If not carefully, you will make some work items stuck at some states going nowhere. Given that, I don't really see a need to delegate this particular function to person other than the Project Administrator.

BTW, the only relevant permission that I can see is Process > Project areas > Modify project areas > Modify process specifications, which allows you to modify everything in the process configuration.

Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.