It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use multiple QM components in global configuration ?

Willy Dhondt (5821123) | asked May 09 '17, 2:33 a.m.
edited May 09 '17, 1:17 p.m.

Hi,

With CLM 6.0.4 M5

I have defined two local configurations in the RQM application
1) component Engine - stream Engine Initial Stream - contains Engine Test Plan
2) component Radar - stream Radar Initial Stream - contains Radar Test Plan

I then in global configuration I did the following
1) create component "ship A" - stream "ship A Initial Development"
2) add "Engine Initial Stream" and "Radar Initial Stream" to the "ship A Initial Development" stream

I was expection to see "Engine Test Plan" and "Radar Test Plan" when I switch to the "ship A Initial Development" in the RQM application but I only see the "Radar Test Plan".
When I switch to the local configuration "Engine Test Plan" and then switch back to "ship A Initial Development" I see the "Engine Test Plan"

Why is RQM not showing both test plans since both local streams are in the "ship A Initial Development" stream ?

Comments
Willy Dhondt commented May 09 '17, 1:16 p.m. | edited May 09 '17, 1:17 p.m.

correction: With CLM 6.0.4 M5

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 10 '17, 2:30 a.m.

I don't think you can work on two components at the same time at all. When you choose whichever configuration, take a look at the top of the web page where it usually shows the project name - as you have multiple components, you should see something like "<project name> | <component name>". For example, if your project name is "QM Project", you should see "QM Project | Engine" or "QM Project | Radar".

The global configuration does not magically "merge" two local configurations from two different components. It is basically a "reference". If you have multiple streams for a component/project, you can easily see this effect.

Willy Dhondt selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Willy Dhondt commented May 15 '17, 3:03 p.m.

Hi Donald,
  thanks for the reply. It looks like RQM won't display Test Plans that are in different components of the same Project Area. It also seems to imply that test case & test scripts  defined in one Test Plan component can't be reused in another Test Plan component.

Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.