It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Why can't I add test server repository to existing workspace after performing server rename?

Corey Jacobs (642439) | asked Apr 20 '17, 12:28 a.m.
closed Aug 17 '21, 7:29 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

We are using clm environment (JTS, RTC, JRS, DCC) 6.0.1 deployed on RHEL 7.3, DB2 for databases, and WAS 8.5.5.  The production environment was cloned to test environment, copying databases to another test db server, setting up WAS/CLM on another vm, and performing server rename.  Everything is successful, with links renamed correctly and all items verified according to CLM server rename process.  When trying to add this clone environment to repository connection with RTC eclipse client, here is a message issued "A connection to this repository already exists. The existing connection will be reused...". The production repository connection is overwritten to use the test server URL.  The only workaround I have is to use the test server in another workspace.  Is this a bug, with disallowing both the production/test repository connections in same workspace or WAD?  

From eclipse logs
com.ibm.team.repository.client.ServerStateCheckException: Cannot log in because the server state has changed and a restart of the client is required before reconnecting. Reason: One or more URL mappings (renames) have been applied to this repository.
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.checkServerState(TeamRepository.java:2137)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1633)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:653)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:627)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.LoginAction$1.run(LoginAction.java:88)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54) 

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Aug 17 '21, 7:29 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 24 '17, 4:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to contact support.

permanent link
Stephan Gambke (134) | answered Aug 17 '21, 7:23 a.m.

I am experiencing the same problem. Has this ever been solved?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 17 '21, 7:28 a.m.

This is 4 years old and there is no accepted answer. What do you expect? Why would you even answer this with a question? Even a comment would have been pointless. Please

1. Create your own question with details or
  2. Open a case with support

Stephan Gambke commented Aug 17 '21, 7:33 a.m.
> What do you expect?

To get feedback if the original problem has ever been solved. But given the attitude here, I guess not and I guess questions in general are not welcome. Way to go.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 17 '21, 8:47 a.m.

I see this frequently and it is almost never working. People have changed jobs and moved on. Different versions were used and the root cause for the same symptom could be totally different. I would suggest you open your own question if you see this, or you contact support if this is urgent and important.