It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

< Post RDNG Upgrade > A module is automatically locked and won't unlock !

sousan hussain (29654) | asked Apr 04 '17, 2:26 a.m.

After 6.0.3 RDNG upgrade I notice a RDNG module has automatically gotten itself locked. And

When we unlock it, it remains unlock for a few sec. and gets locked again. 
When we hover on the lock sign it says a user has locked it. But that' not true.
How do I get rid of this lock. we strongly suspect it's because of upgrade to 6.0.3 from 6.0.1

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 04 '17, 2:33 a.m.

Please contact IBM Support to obtain a tool to release the lock.

sousan hussain selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sousan hussain commented Apr 04 '17, 2:38 a.m.

Thanks Donald for replying. I haven't contacted IBM support yet, But while searching around I found a rich client for RDNG called Database Explorer. Is this the tool you mean that can be obtained to release lock ?

Donald Nong commented Apr 04 '17, 2:47 a.m.

Not it is not. It is a tool specifically made for this exact purpose. BTW, RDNG does not have a rich client.

sousan hussain commented Apr 12 '17, 6:43 a.m. | edited Apr 12 '17, 6:46 a.m.

The tool does release the locks but it doesn't prevent this issue from happening again. This tool is the only work around IBM has got for now, until they find the root cause. After the 6.0.3 upgrade the lock issue has become a proper nuisance. 
And by the way the tool doesn't only unlocks the automated locks, it unlocks all the locks including the user generated ones.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.