It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter-6.0.2 Issue Report - Mixed Test Script Types "Execution/Keyword" Doesn't work Properly

Kunhong Xu (115) | asked Dec 05 '16, 9:08 a.m.

I think the RQMExcelWordImporter-6.0.2 has a bug.  The bug is RQMExcelWordImporter-6.0.2 works properly only when “testscript.steps.type” either configured as “execution” or as “keyword” in XML mapping file.  It doesn’t work properly if “testscript.steps.type” is mapping to a column  containing script step type information(execution/keyword/information/reporting).

Keywords are small, reusable test scripts. In real word, a test script will be mix of “execution/keyword/information/reporting” steps. What I am expecting is I should be able to assign script step type to each of the test script steps and it should be export to RQM repository correctly. But what I found is it works only for exporting  to  a local file via “Export to File” RQM add-ins menu.

I change the following statement in XML mapping configuration  file from:

testscript.steps.type=”keyword”  /* was working*/

To:

testscript.steps.type=L

, where column L contains script step type information.

Finding:

It always imported all the test script steps as “execution” type of steps.

Note- Export to File – each step has correct test script step type information assigned.

I have tried  all the steps are keyword – doesn’t work.   All imported as “execution” steps.  If I change testscript.steps.type to “Keyword” in configuration file, all steps are imported as links, which work per design.

I have also tried mixed steps – doesn’t work. All imported as “execution” steps.

Sample data file and configuration file  are attached.

Figure 1- Export to Repository always complete successfully

Figure 2 – Test script steps is imported as “execution” when testscript.steps.type=L in configuration file, where column L contains key type information. Note Export to file, the type information is correct (type =”Keyword”)

Figure 3 – Step is imported as keyword link when testscript.steps.type=”keyword” in configuration file.

Figure 4- Export to File always work

Comments
Donald Nong commented Dec 06 '16, 8:40 p.m. | edited Dec 06 '16, 8:40 p.m.

Figure 1- Export to Repository always complete successfully

Figure 2 – Test script steps is imported as “execution” when testscript.steps.type=L in configuration file, where column L contains key type information. Note Export to file, the type information is correct (type =”Keyword”)

Figure 3 – Step is imported as keyword link when testscript.steps.type=”keyword” in configuration file.

Figure 4- Export to File always work

2 answers

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Dec 06 '16, 3:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Kunhong,

It is working both the way - you can either specify as value in configuration file or you can specify the column containing the value. I am not able to see those picture you inserted in your question but you can refer sample file 'Testplan_Testcase_Testscript_TER_Environment_Iteration_AllInOne' which contains similar example where testscript.steps.type value is defined in column 'H'. 

Regards,
Mehul

Comments
Don Yang commented Dec 06 '16, 6:46 p.m.

If you click on 'edit', you should be able to see the screenshot. Kunhong's reputation points are still low hence can not really insert the images.
In 'Testplan_Testcase_Testscript_TER_Environment_Iteration_AllInOne' does have mixed execution and reporting step type(in column 'H') but it does not seem to work if you tried to add a keyword type there. Given that testscript.steps.type supports 4 types, I believe this is a defect.

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Dec 08 '16, 4:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Don,

Thanks for narrowing the problem scope to 'keyword', current version of excelimported tool doesnot support 'keyword' steptype. I've logged it as https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/158677

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.