It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking test case execution record to a test case while import from Excel to RQM

rachel bruk (17115) | asked Mar 15 '17, 6:42 a.m.

Hi,

I'd like to ask if is there a way to create test case and test case execution record and to link them while import from Excel to RQM?
I think even not to add additional cells in the Excel for the test case execution record - I need only the name and I will take it from the test case title.
Do anyone have an idea how to link and create while import?

Comments
rachel bruk commented Mar 15 '17, 6:47 a.m.

actually I succeed partially to link them, but I have many records of test cases in the Excel sheet - only the last one linked to test case execution record and not all the records above.

the cfg. file:
testcase.dc:title=A
testcase.alm:owner=B
testcase.priority=C
executionworkitem.XLSLink=testcase
executionworkitem.dc:title=A

Donald Nong commented Mar 15 '17, 9:44 p.m.

Reusing cells for different type of artifacts is a bad idea. In your case, the execution results will be generated once then be linked to a test case (the last one as you have observed). There is no way the tool is "smart" enough to generate the execution results multiple times and link to test cases one by one. Keep in simple and make them in a layered structure, and you should be good to go.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 15 '17, 7:03 p.m.

Hi, Rachel

In general, you can refer to Samples: Testplan_Testcase_Testscript_TER_Environment_Iteration_AllInOne.cfg
and its excel file and only take the part of test case and test case execution record in the cfg file.
If you want a bit more specific examples, you can refer to

https://jazz.net/wiki/pub/Main/ExcelWordImporterBestPractice/Migrate_MS_office_document_to_RQM_--_complicate_scenarios.pdf

Migrate test case, test script, execution workitem and
execution result and make corresponding linkage.

and focus on
List 3.Make 1-1 linkage with the test case and execution workitem

I hope this helps.

Comments
rachel bruk commented Mar 19 '17, 7:37 a.m.

Thank a lot - really helped me!

Don Yang commented Mar 19 '17, 8:49 p.m.

That's good to know. If the provided solution works for you, please accept the answer so that the post will be marked solved and complete the cycle. thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.