It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

linking test suits to test cases while import from Excel to RQM

rachel bruk (17114) | asked Mar 19 '17, 12:19 p.m.

Hi,
I'd like to use the Excel importer in order to import test suits and test cases and link them.

I found on example in the samples under IBM folder, but I want to link test cases to many test suits - and not to repeat the instance of test case.
Is there a way to do that by one Excel sheet? 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 20 '17, 8:57 p.m.

If you don't want to repeat the artifacts in the same Excel file, I can't see a way to make n:m links between the artifacts. When the Excel file is processed, I believe it is always from the top to bottom, and it cannot do a "loop" as in a programming language.

Comments
rachel bruk commented Mar 21 '17, 5:19 a.m.

Thanks Donald,

But couldn't I insert the test suit name/id in the top record and in the next records the test case id's?
for example:
TS ID:          123
TC ID:

is there a way to link between the first record to the next records? n:m links?

Thanks in advance.

rachel bruk commented Mar 21 '17, 5:30 a.m.

if there this way is impossible - maybe we can do it by linking Existing ID's,

for example:
TS ID:       TC ID:
1               23452
1               35467
2               35461
1               46275

By this way I don't have the duplicate artifacts issue - is it possible to implement?

Donald Nong commented Mar 21 '17, 10:29 p.m.

The examples that you showed above are both 1:n. In this case, you can find plenty of samples bundled with the ExcelImporter. But I understand that you want to link many test cases to many test suites, aka n:m. No?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.