It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customized Button to activate Script

Sascha Gebhardt (1728) | asked Mar 14 '17, 4:44 a.m.
edited Mar 14 '17, 7:06 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hello,

I have a simple question, but wasnt able to find any convincing answer to it.

- I want to add a Button into the Web UI of RQM. 

Backround: With this Button I want to start a script, which popup a UI to gather some informations from the user. With a start button in this UI the user shall start the actual script.

Is there any possibility to add a button or something to enable the Users to start a script? I mean, why give the possibility to create scripts for RTC if i cant add them into the Web UI, available for all users.
The only possible way I found, would be to add a Button into a Dashboard, with a open-social-gadget, or add a button to the Workitem editor, but thats not really what I want.

In best case I would add the Button to the drop Down of "WorkItems" for example, in the top bar of the Web UI. Just like  an DXL Extension in DOORS classic.

Does anybody know a way to this or some other solutions to make the button available for all users?

Thanks in Advance.
Sascha Gebhardt

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 14 '17, 7:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sascha,

I think you summed it up pretty nicely.

I am not aware that it is possible to extend the RQM UI.
I am not aware that it is possible to extend the Doors Next UI. Doors Next is not Doors and there is no DXL.
There are limited abilities to extend the RTC UI. And you have to consider the Web UI as well as the Eclipse UI.

In general it is possible to create custom dashboard widgets / open social gadgets. Doors Next has a JavaScript API.
I know users have done this for RTC as well. In dashboard widgets the API usually is REST or OSLC.

Sascha Gebhardt selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sascha Gebhardt commented Mar 14 '17, 8:10 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

thank you for answer. Thats really sad, but i expected it. :(

Guess i have to go with a button in the Dashboard. I already created a open social widget for complexe reports i didnt want to create with BIRD. So at least i know how i can solve it, but still it would be nice if the possibility is given to work with the web UI of RTC.

Have a nice Day.
Sascha Gebhardt

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 14 '17, 8:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please feel free to open an enhancement request: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

I agree that it would be nice if you could do this.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.