It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy-Paste paragraph in DNG 5.0.2

Yoram Ben-Haim (43116) | asked Mar 09 '17, 12:07 p.m.
edited Mar 09 '17, 12:16 p.m.
Hello.
I’m using DNG 5.0.2.
I’ve a requirement specification with a lot of details and many many requirements.

The requirements arranged as a hierarchal  structure (Tree like).

MY question: While I’m trying to Copy-Paste one branch, The DNG lists the new branch incorrectly. I always have to refresh the browser (CTRL+F5) and seek for the relevant paragraph in order to synchronize the details in the new branch (i.e. Correct sub-paragraph numbering).

This procedure takes time and it is very annoying and inefficient, especially since I’ve to do it a lot of time. 

Is there any suggestion? Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks a lot
Yoram

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 09 '17, 7:41 p.m.

When you say "Copy-Paste", from where to where?

Yoram Ben-Haim commented Mar 10 '17, 5:36 a.m.

Copy-Paste means, Copy-Paste an artifact within the DNG module. The artifact is like a branch in a tree it contains numbered sub-artifacts (i.e. Use cases and more specific requirements). At a first look, after pasting this artifact it looks like the numbering goes wrong. only CTRL+F5 fixed this... but then I need to Re-seek the specific location. This is very inconvenient !

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 12 '17, 7:47 p.m.

I don't have RDNG 5.0.2 right now for testing, and I have no such problem in RDNG 6.0.3. As you use non-standard terms, I can't be sure I follow your steps exactly. Maybe you can follow the below steps and let me know the results.
1. Select the top level artifact of the "branch" (or a section).
2. Use the pencil menu to choose Copy Artifact or press Ctrl+C.
3. Move to the desired location in the same module.
4. Use the pencil menu to choose Paste ## Artifacts > After... (## is the number of artifacts in the selected branch/section).

You can request a RDNG sandbox on jazz.net to test out the latest RDNG 6.0.3 iFix001, and compare the result with your current RDNG 5.0.2 environment.

Yoram Ben-Haim selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Yoram Ben-Haim commented Mar 13 '17, 2:00 a.m.

Thanks Donald. appreciation for your help. I already did these basic steps but I do have to issue a CTRL+F5 to see the "Pasting" result properly. BTW , I'm working on Chrome Web browser while the Database handled by the enterprise server of our company. We intend to have a 6.0.3 upgrade in the future, but I'm not confident this is the case here. 

Donald Nong commented Mar 13 '17, 8:55 p.m.

I did the same test in Chrome and it worked just fine with RDNG 6.0.3 iFix001. After the pasting, the web page will do a refresh automatically. So if RDNG 5.0.2 does not do it for you automatically, a manual refresh is the only way to go.

Yoram Ben-Haim commented Mar 14 '17, 6:45 a.m.
 Thanks Donald. 

One other answer

permanent link
Yoram Ben-Haim (43116) | answered Mar 10 '17, 5:37 a.m.

Copy-Paste means, Copy-Paste an artifact within the DNG module. The artifact is like a branch in a tree it contains numbered sub-artifacts (i.e. Use cases and more specific requirements). At a first look, after pasting this artifact it looks like the numbering goes wrong. only CTRL+F5 fixed this... but then I need to Re-seek the specific location. This is very inconvenient !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.