It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is requirements module's modified date is not being updated?

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Jul 14 '14, 11:58 p.m.
 If I go into a module and edit an artifact, the Module's modified date stays the same.  This is really misleading because the module (as a sum total of its artifacts) has, in fact, been updated.

Is this a bug?  I'm seeing this behavior in 4.0.6 and 5.0.
Thanks,
Robert

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 15 '14, 5:51 a.m.

I don't think it should work this way. What if the artifact is modified "outside" of the module (not technically correct but you should get the idea)? If you add, remove or re-arrange the artifacts within a module, the modified date will get updated.

Robert Huet commented Jul 15 '14, 2:46 p.m.

I believe you are looking at Modules the same way you would a Collection.

However, most users equate a Requirements Module to a Requirements Specification (not a container of requirements artifacts).  So if any of the visible content in my Requirement Specification changes (even if the contained artifact was changed outside the module), then I would expect to see the Module's modification date updated accordingly.  If you look at the Audit tab for the Module, it includes all changes to the Module content.  So why should the system show me everything that has changed in my Module, but not update the modified date accordingly?  Seems inconsistent...

It would be good to get Kirk's perspective on this.  In my opinion, it is a real usability issue.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.