It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to see all versions between two delivery in Rational Team Concert

PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11032025) | asked Mar 08 '17, 4:01 p.m.

How to see all versions between two delivery in Rational Team Concert

I did changes and delivered the changes of a file ( Myfile.txt ) with comment "Delivery 1" and that time the Version ID of the file is say 2.
I did the change of the same file , Save it and Checkin with "No Comment" and From History of the File I see Version 3 is Created .
Again I did the change of the same file , Save it and Checkin with "No Comment" and From History of the File I see Version 4 is Created BUT I do not see the Version 3.

I do change again on the same file , Save and Checkin with "No Comment" and From History of the File I see Version 5 is Created BUT I do not see the Version 3.& 4.

Now I deliver the Changes with Comment "Delivery 2 " -- It shows the version of the file as 5

So between "Delivery 2 " and " Delivery 1" -- version 2, 3 and 4 has gone . How I can see version 3 or 4 .

NOTE :: I can not Check in with New Change Set , It indicate the below message
--------- Checking-in changes to new change set
Cannot check-in Myfile.txt because it is already being changed in another active change set.

Instead of picking a specific change set, try allowing the check-in to pick the correct change set.
------------

Can some one help me on this . i,e how to see intermediate versions between two delivery

Thanks

PKC

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 08 '17, 6:11 p.m.

The version id is generated by sequence for every check-in. When you check-in version 3, 4 and 5 the same change set was used. So only version 5 is shown with the change set when you browse the file history.

In the History view if you select the drop down menu in the top right  and choose "Show Check-in History", you will see a new section which will show the intermediate states for the change set. 

In addition, to check-in to a new change set, you can right-click the current active change set in the Pending Changes view and select "Complete".

PRASANTA CHAUDHURI selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11032025) | answered Mar 09 '17, 3:39 p.m.

Thanks Lily Wang,

This facility is there only in Eclipse . But I am working from RTC DOT NET VS Client and in that Client "Show Check-in History",DOES NOT show the Inter-mediate version .

Is there any way to see the intermediate versions between two delivery using RTC DOT NET VS Client.

Regards

PKC

Comments
Lily Wang commented Mar 09 '17, 7:14 p.m.

According to the document https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc/topics/t_viewing_the_change_history_ofa_file.html the "Show check-in history" option is available in RTC for VS client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.