It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you sort list of team shared queries in RTC Web?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Jan 08 '18, 2:55 p.m.

Ever since we upgraded to RTC 6.0.4 I have had reports of the list of shared queries at the team level not being in alphabetical order when accessed via the web.  The project wide 'predefined' queries are sorted but not the team level queries.  This isn't an issue in the Eclipse client.  We have seen this in Chrome and IE.  Is anyone else seeing this behavior?  Is there a way to fix this or do I need to open a PMR?

Thanks,
Jamie.

Comments
Ian Wark commented Jan 11 '18, 3:02 a.m.

It sounds a bit like a defect, but I don't understand what you mean by "team level queries". Could you provide an image or describe a little more where it is you are looking?

Jamie Berry commented Jan 11 '18, 9:37 a.m.

By "team level queries" I mean queries that have been shared with a team.  They are grouped in the Shared Queries list under the team name.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713550) | answered Jan 12 '18, 12:26 a.m.

OK. So using RTC 6.0.5 I am able to reproduce this issue of queries shared with a team being listed in order of creation rather than in alphabetical order. Given that you say this is ordered in Eclipse and the ordinary predefined queries are alphabetically ordered, this may be a defect. I didn't find a completely matching RFE or defect for this, so created the below:

Queries shared with teams are no longer ordered alphabetically
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=450168

Display order of queries shared with teams

Jamie Berry selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Jan 12 '18, 8:16 a.m.

Thank you Ian.  I have also opened a PMR on the issue (35254,227,000)

Jamie.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.