It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do my 4.X client become unsupported the minute I upgrade my JTS to 6.0.3?

Stephane Couillaud (15632344) | asked Mar 07 '17, 4:15 p.m.

I know there’s N-1 support for client to server, but if we upgrade our JTS server to RTC 6.0.3, is that when 4.X clients would become in an unsupported mode?  Or is it after we upgrade our CCM servers to RTC 6.0.3?  The JTS does some level of authentication so I was wondering if that's when N-1 support comes into play.   I'm asking, because I plan on upgrading our JTS one week, and our CCM servers the next.   I'm trying to buy time for those straddlers needing to upgrade their clients to 5.0.2

This link doesn't answer this level of details:

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 07 '17, 5:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No 4.x client will be able to log into CCM one it is upgraded to 6.x.

No Client other than browsers log into JTS and the other applications and so there is no client compatibility.

Since you have to upgrade JTS first, there can be a time where JTS is at 6.x anf CCM is at 5.x.

Stephane Couillaud selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephane Couillaud commented Mar 07 '17, 5:12 p.m.

Wouldn't a 4.X client have to authenticate and grab a license against the JTS before getting access to CCM artifacts?  Not just from a browser.

Having said that, are you saying that I can have my JTS at 6.X, my CCM at 5.X and have 4.X clients still work?  Just wanted to clarify.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 08 '17, 2:13 a.m. | edited Mar 08 '17, 2:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

RTC clients only know the repository connection to CCM.  Each application CCM, QM has their own authentication set up. JTS only handles the licenses for the other servers and even for that clients don't connect JTS. 

If you try to connect a plain java client library 4.x custom application to a 6.x JTS, this would fail of course.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.