It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RTC 6.0.3 stmp requires authentication credentials but how about if I don't need them?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Mar 01 '17, 2:25 p.m.

Hi, 

my internal stmp server does not require SMTP credentials, the problem when I try to leave empty the user and password, it won't let me save it 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 01 '17, 7:29 p.m.

Not sure what happened there. JTS does not require the username/password when setting up an SMTP server. Of course if the SMTP itself requires authentication, JTS will simply not be able to connect to the SMTP without proper username/password. What are the other configurations in your case?

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Mar 02 '17, 10:43 a.m.

well in the previous version 6.0.2 I was not using smtp authentication because is our internal server, and when we moved to 6.0.3 these fields were required so I had to force it deleting the properties in the config file teamserver.properties but if somebody modify any of the parameters in the web client it will make them required. 

Donald Nong commented Mar 09 '17, 10:39 p.m.

Right. I can reproduce the issue. You cannot make them as blank in the Advanced Properties page either. Please submit a defect or contact Support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.