It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

license requests can't be resolved

Ava Nordmann (1122) | asked Jan 18 '13, 2:30 p.m.

My setup is a Unix solaris server, Oracle database, Apache Tomcat webserver, and RTC v4.0.  I struggled thru the install (I'm a team of 1) and was using the Eclipse client on my laptop with some success, follwing the tutorial and creating builds, etc.  During the install of the RTC Jazz Server Manager, I had imported the floating licenses to the RTC License Key Management page (4 types of floating licenses Token Server Managed).  Everything was working except that while in my Eclipse client when I tried to navigate to other pages (like qm or something) I would get a "Page Can't Be Displayed" error so I figured something was wrong with my URLs. 

Now here is where it gets crazy.  I went to the RTC Server Manager Advanced Properties page and made a bunch of changes to anything that had a URL.  Now, when I launch Eclipse and try to login to my example project, I get an error message:  "Unable to obtain license to read SCM related data.  An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server.  Status=400.  CRJAZ1642E  An internal server error occurred, the contributor http://servername:9080/jts/contributorInditity/_i2ez4EO_EeKSxYPzpj4bJg could not be resolved from the request." 

I have tried to get back to the settings I had previously in the page by comparing the backup files, but I still can't get logged in and also if I select the project and try to expand I get an error message "'Fetching children' an internal error.  array index out of range: 0".  Also, if I log into the CCM Server Manager and select project and try to make any change, I get an error that I don't have the necessary license.

I did have the licenses when I started my analysis and I still see them listed in the License Key Management page, but it appears that I'm no longer connecting to the actual RLKS (a Windows server running RLKS v8.1.1). 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.


Ralph Schoon commented Jan 20 '13, 3:12 a.m.

In general, be carefull when setting up the solution, especially when setting the public Uri. Once you have set that, you can not change it anymore (you could use a server rename in some scenarios). Changing the url's could have broken your setup.

3 answers

permanent link
Ava Nordmann (1122) | answered Jan 21 '13, 2:03 p.m.

I've double-checked the URLs based on the last time the server was working correctly.  I never changed the public URI since it's not possible to do so, but some how I've got something out of sync.  Is there somewhere else to check properties besides for the settings visible on the Advanced Properties page?  I'm still receiving the 'Failed to fetch client access licenses' error message when it used to work fine.



Ralph Schoon commented Jan 21 '13, 5:02 p.m.

The error shors port 9080. Did you switch off https? Could that cause the issue? 

permanent link
Ava Nordmann (1122) | answered Jan 22 '13, 4:05 p.m.

I installed this using http and port 9080.  Everything was working fine until I made those change(s) on the Advanced Properties Page.   I continue to get the error messages that it "fails to fetch client access licenses."  I can launch /jts/admin and /ccm/admin, but I can't Save anything on the CCM Admin page.  I just don't know where else to look to re-capture the previous correct parameters. 

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 23 '13, 2:19 a.m.
edited Jan 23 '13, 10:44 a.m.
Hi Ava,

you should find the backups for your in the configuration folders of your applications, as you already mentioned. You should look into all the applications I am just not sure if there are any issues introduced that can't be fixed. If you are evaluating, it might be a good idea to restart, instead of going through the pain to restore.

If you set this up with http, I assume you adjusted all the ports and redirects in the server.xml accordingly. Is there a reason for using http instead of https?

Ava Nordmann commented Jan 23 '13, 9:55 a.m. | edited Jan 23 '13, 10:43 a.m.

Ralph you are a genius!   I had adjusted all the ports and redirect to satisfy the http requirements and everything worked so I didn't think that was the issue.   I was about to start the uninstall and reinstall, but decided to check the ccm  That was it!  I had the wrong server.jts.url - after changing it back to the previous entry, I could connect to the license server and acquire the necessary licenses.  Thank goodness for the automatic RTC backups!


Thanks again,


Ralph Schoon commented Jan 23 '13, 10:45 a.m.

Great to hear you got it fixed, Ava. I converted the comment into an answer that you could accept.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.