It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Executing Maven targets as a test suite, and splitting execution records?

Chris Zwarts (133) | asked Feb 13 '17, 11:31 a.m.
retagged Feb 24 '17, 6:44 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

My team is trying to use RQM as a test suite driver and result aggregator. We are trying to determine the best practices for executing JUnit integration tests on a remote machine through RQM adapter servers. The remote machine is accessible only through the adapter because of firewall restrictions.

Is there a way to execute a maven target on the remote machine, and have the test results aggregated back to RQM as individual execution records? For example, if I have a maven project with a target for a set of 10 integration tests (can't be executed on our build server, needs to be deployed to a mock environment and then tested), can I execute the entire maven target as a "test suite" and have the results of that set of tests aggregated back to RQM as a set of 10 execution records? Or do I need to have a script to execute specific JUnit tests, and then link that script to each test case in RQM and run them individually as part of a test plan?

If there are any best practices for this type of testing, or if we are taking the wrong approach, I'd be happy to look at alternatives.

Thanks,
     Chris

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Feb 13 '17, 12:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Chris,

RQM does not integration with Maven see https://jazz.net/extend/integrations/#tool=Rational%20Quality%20Manager).  You can run JUnits through the RQM JUnit Selenium Adapter (see Running JUnit Selenium adapter execution tests).  However, it requires a RQM test script referencing the JUnit test.  Alternatively, you could write a custom integration using the RQM Command Line Adapter (see Integrating your test tools with IBM Rational Quality Manager using the command-line adapter).

You may also be interested in:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/d-quality-manager-continuous-delivery/

Chris Zwarts selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chris Zwarts commented Feb 13 '17, 2:38 p.m.

Thank you for the links, this set us in the right direction.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.