It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What would be the recommandations concerning storage of huge amounts of Test Result Data in RQM?

frank grapengiesser (217) | asked Feb 13 '17, 5:35 a.m.

One of my customers in a highly regulated industry is obliged to keep huge amounts of test result logs in its records.
The size of all test logs of a recent test campaign is about 200 GB. My guesstimate is that over time this might easily grow to a lot more than a terabyte of data.

• Would it be OK to store log data of this size in RQM?
  • Would this cause performance problems or is it only a matter of having sufficient hard-drive space?
  • If storage in RQM is not recommended, what would be the recommended alternative?  .
Thank you in advance for your thoughts

One answer

permanent link
Scott Thompson (2314) | answered Feb 13 '17, 11:41 a.m.

Hi Frank, 

We're using JFrog's Artifactory to store compiled jars, library files, external third-party dependencies that we download and push into Artifactory for use in builds.  Test result logs would also work well there.  We've got about a TB so far and we just started with it.  I expect that we are going to get to many TBs, even with rotation of materials.  But that's what Artifactory is built for. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.