It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Executing a Test Case & Associate Results with a Test Pl

John Matthews (2263932) | asked Sep 08 '09, 3:32 a.m.
I have a Test Case contained within a Plan; when I go to execute it, navigated to via the plan, I expected the "Associate Results with a Test Plan" to be checked on automatically, but it isnt. Why is this?

Now my real problem: when I check the "Associate Results with a Test Plan" ... no Plans appear in the list for selection, despite there being 3 Plans already defined in RQM. Why is this?

Thx!

2 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Sep 08 '09, 9:16 a.m.
I have a Test Case contained within a Plan; when I go to execute it, navigated to via the plan, I expected the "Associate Results with a Test Plan" to be checked on automatically, but it isnt. Why is this?

Now my real problem: when I check the "Associate Results with a Test Plan" ... no Plans appear in the list for selection, despite there being 3 Plans already defined in RQM. Why is this?

Thx!

John

Can you confirm which version you're using .. I just tried what I believed was what you're doing - agreed, the "associate with Test Plan" is not automatically toggled off despite you issuing the run command from the test case directly within the test plan - I believe this may be due to the fact that a test case can belong to multiple plans - don't see it as a bug, but may be worth asking the question of the development team. why it doesn't default to the plan in question if you've selected to run from that plan level.

As for the plan type not being available on the drop down after you toggle that on .. I believe that was a bug in 1.0x version .. can you confirm your version number

permanent link
John Matthews (2263932) | answered Sep 08 '09, 1:58 p.m.
Yes using V2.0.

as discussed: the plans are only displayed in the drop down if the Test Execution Record is set to "New" or has an existing properly defined Test Execution Record associated with it.

Thx!

John

Can you confirm which version you're using .. I just tried what I believed was what you're doing - agreed, the "associate with Test Plan" is not automatically toggled off despite you issuing the run command from the test case directly within the test plan - I believe this may be due to the fact that a test case can belong to multiple plans - don't see it as a bug, but may be worth asking the question of the development team. why it doesn't default to the plan in question if you've selected to run from that plan level.

As for the plan type not being available on the drop down after you toggle that on .. I believe that was a bug in 1.0x version .. can you confirm your version number

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.