Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

Hardware requirements for 30~40 concurrent users

What would be the recommended hardware specification for RQM 2.0 when there are 30 to 40 concurrent users?

Would it be better to separate DB and WAS servers and even separate storage server?

Do we have any related document for this? # of CPUs, memory, version of DB2 & etc...

Thank you in advance.

0 votes



7 answers

Permanent link
I'm also interested in those specs. If someone could please share their hardware specs/configuration and the performance they receive, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

0 votes


Permanent link
Hi, I'm also interested in these specifications. I've had a search around, but can only find the recommended requirements for the initial installation of RQM.

Can anyone help?

0 votes


Permanent link
Oh wow that is a very good question....

Please could some one tell us the system requirements for the question Roy Skelhorn raised.

Also I would like to know the performce and degradition results for the amount of users added to the "recommended" requirements

Regards
Dyl

0 votes


Permanent link
The team is working on specific guidelines for RQM deployment topology recommendations but don't have anything we can release yet.
To hold you over, here is some great material from the RTC team. In most cases it is identically applicable to RQM since it is the same Jazz Foundation.

Performance: http://jazz.net/blog/index.php/tag/performance/
Tuning the server: http://jazz.net/library/article/204

Hope that helps.
Regards,
John

0 votes


Permanent link
Thanks for the reply jnason, some useful links.

Do you have any idea when the RQM deployment guidelines will be released?

0 votes


Permanent link
Hi Rob,
Glad those links can help a little bit.
Sorry, but I don't have an ETA on the performance guidelines. A rough guess would be sometime right around the new year.
Regards,
John

Thanks for the reply jnason, some useful links.

Do you have any idea when the RQM deployment guidelines will be released?

0 votes


Permanent link
Hi,
I am also interested in this topic.

Are there any news regarding the performance guidelines?
Maybe at least some date when it will be ready?

Regards,
Kamil

0 votes

Your answer

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details

Question asked: Sep 08 '09, 1:42 a.m.

Question was seen: 9,250 times

Last updated: Sep 08 '09, 1:42 a.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm