It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DO178 or IEEE standard templates for DOORS OR DNG

Vani B (1391067) | asked Jan 30 '17, 1:58 a.m.

When can I find the downloads for DO178 Or IEEE standard templates with folder structure, formal modules, link modules, views, attributes etc.,

IBM Link for DO178 or IEEE standard templates for DOORS OR DNG download.

One answer

permanent link
Keith Collyer (456511) | answered Jan 30 '17, 5:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

DO178 and IEEE templates are built into DOORS. File -> New -> Module and check "Create from template" to browse and choose. A module with the appropriate structure is created. Note that this creates a single structured module, you would need to repeat it to get the whole set of documents for a specific standard. Also, it does not include attributes.

Comments
Vani B commented Jan 30 '17, 5:34 a.m.

Only Formal Modules/templates are available for IEEEĀ  in DOORS but not folder, link module, attribute and views. DO178 templates are not available.

I need a sample template with folder structure with templates, link module, attribute and views for DO178 or IEEE or any SDLC

Keith Collyer commented Jan 30 '17, 7:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, you did ask for all that. Other than the templates supplied with DNG, which might come close to what you want, but will not be exactly right, the only other place to looks isĀ  here: Process Assets, where you will find the System Engineering solution material, which in many cases includes DOORS utilities that will create the project structures, including attributes, link modules, views, etc. I cannot recall if all this is available for DO178, it's a long time since I looked at it, though it is there for other industries and they were all built on a common base.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.