It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to perform locate change sets if there is no access to the attached work item?

Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | asked Jan 26 '17, 11:06 a.m.
We have the following Use Case:
  • In a component Change Sets are associated to a Task work item.
  • Component is shared between many steams (& teams)
  • Not all team members have access to the work items.
Locate Change Set seem to work only if the work item is visible. Is this the intended behaviour?

Are there any other workarounds?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 26 '17, 11:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think that works as designed. If you don't allow the users to access the work items, they can not be retrieved and neither the change sets. 

Remember, t is your read access policies. If you give everyone read access to everything, or the people that work on a component to all project areas working on the component, there is no problem.  

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Jan 26 '17, 11:55 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for the feedback. 

Read access can't be added to all users are that is one of the base requirements for us. 

Since we couldn't find any work around, do you think an ER helps here ?

Karthik Krishnan commented Jan 26 '17, 12:28 p.m.

Also Unfortunately there is no indication from RTC that there could be a work item which exists and user has no access, just as an Indicator.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 27 '17, 5:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can always try an ER. Seeing that you can not see something is information. In the API you however get the information that you can not access specific information.

I assume that there are specific requirements that went into read access limitations and I don't see how your conflicting requirement could fit in.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.