It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add requirements to a module using OSLC

Stephan Leutenmayr (2319) | asked Jan 26 '17, 10:20 a.m.

Is it possible to add a requirement to a DNG module via OSLC?
The scenario is as follows. I create a module in DNG which corresponds to a requirementCollection in OSLC. Then I create a requirement via OSLC which I then want to add to the requirementCollection via the "uses" attribute. This however does not work, the server responds with 400 bad request. If I create a collection in DNG, the same course of action works well.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jan 26 '17, 3:51 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stephan,

Unfortunately this is not possible to do using OSLC.  The Javascript client extension API supports this and there is some also work ongoing to provide a public API for module operations in a future release:

[RM] API: Allow the modification of module structure via public API (109007)

Hope it helps!

Stephan Leutenmayr selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
A Ragab (1117) | answered Oct 19 '18, 11:30 a.m.

@Benjamin Silverman 

It seems I cannot access the ticket. 
Has this feature been added to DNG 6.0.6 release as public API or not yet?

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Oct 20 '18, 12:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

116192: [RM] API: Structural manipulation of module data (existing modules) - phase 1 was introduced in CLM 6.0.5, which came around 6 months after Ben's post above.

I suspect though that the scope also changed since then, as phase 1 was a precursor to [RM] API: Server API for Module management - phase 2

Also <g class="gr_ gr_290 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="290" id="290"> see: </g> CLM Product API Landing page where we have collated links to all the APIs.

Kind regards,
Paul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.