It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Where Used" for Embedded Images?

Dave Evans (14812846) | asked Dec 30 '22, 6:32 p.m.
edited Dec 30 '22, 6:35 p.m.

I have an image in DOORS, I would like to find out WHERE it is being used. Is there any way (Client, REST, OSLC, or even Internal API) that I can pull up an image artifact and find the text artifacts it is embedded in without downloading all artifacts in the project? Is there a way we can do an oslc.select to find artifacts containing embedded images?

Note that I can't see any link or anything even though my image is embedded in a text artifact which is included in a module. So, for example, when I change the image in a configuration-enabled project, the "Compare With Stream" option also only shows the image itself, not that the module which the artifact it is embedded within has changed. This is fine behavior and matches other behaviors in the tool... but I would like to know if there is any way to see where the image is embedded from the perspective of the image artifact?

Thanks,
Dave

Comments
Dave Evans commented Jan 04 '23, 4:32 p.m.

I have found a decent solution using a sort of the "internal API" Basically, following the same POST sent when entering a "full text" search for "/WR_" returns all of the artifacts which have that fairly-specific phrase. "/WR_" is a part of the URL for an embedded image artifact, which would appear in the primary text field of artifacts containing embedded images. Doing a programmatic search of these gets me all artifacts where I have used the image. Definitely not great, but it works.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.