It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to export attachment in RTC

sousan hussain (29754) | asked Jan 25 '17, 5:36 a.m.
edited Jan 25 '17, 8:43 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

i am using RTC eclipse client 6.0.2 to export WI. but not getting option to export attachment

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 25 '17, 8:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Except manually saving an attachment, there is no built in export for attachments. 

You can use the API. The RTC Work Item Commandline https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/the-rtc-work-item-command-line-on-bluemix/ has some capabilities to export the work item data and attachments.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 23 '21, 2:43 p.m.

One other answer

permanent link
Naveen V (791357) | answered Jun 23 '21, 12:19 p.m.

I know its very old thread but checking to see if anyone able to export along with attachments and notes with WCL?

I am seeing the following error
Starting Team Platform ...
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.InternalTeamPlatform).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
Executing command: exportworkitems

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: au.com.bytecode.opencsv.CSVWriter
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.commands.ExportWorkItemsCommand.createWriter(ExportWorkItemsCommand.java:376)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.commands.ExportWorkItemsCommand.process(ExportWorkItemsCommand.java:311)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.framework.AbstractTeamRepositoryCommand.execute(AbstractTeamRepositoryCommand.java:89)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.WorkitemCommandLine.runCommands(WorkitemCommandLine.java:293)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.WorkitemCommandLine.run(WorkitemCommandLine.java:224)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.WorkitemCommandLine.main(WorkitemCommandLine.java:174)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: au.com.bytecode.opencsv.CSVWriter
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:600)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:777)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:750)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:326)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:731)
        ... 6 more

Comments
David Honey commented Jun 23 '21, 12:51 p.m.

Please submit  a new question rather than add a comment on a 4 year old question.

Naveen V commented Jun 23 '21, 1:25 p.m.

Nevermind. I was able to run this tool by setting up jdk and plainText java. 

I have downloaded and set the environment variable in the wcl.bat file then it's working. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 23 '21, 2:42 p.m. | edited Jun 23 '21, 2:43 p.m.

David, it is hopeless. They do it all the time. But keep on trying!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.