It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to reach the oracle DB?

Ziv Rechnitser (911618) | asked Apr 10 '13, 7:17 a.m.
retagged Apr 10 '13, 7:57 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
Hi All,

In our organization we use Oracle DB.
Is it possible to reach from the oracle GUI to the RTC ccm&jts tables in the DB schemas?
We want to export WIs list to Excel file from different ProjectsArea.

Thanks,

Ziv

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Apr 10 '13, 10:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@Ziv  accessing the WI's directly from database is not possible. The WI data and history etc are stored in a Blob column as a gzipped xml.

The best way would be to use the export a WI query as a csv and open in excel.
If you have defined the same query with output fields in the 2 PA's you can append 1 excel to the cells of the other.
Ziv Rechnitser selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ziv Rechnitser commented Apr 11 '13, 4:07 a.m.

Thanks a lot.

One other answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 10 '13, 7:50 a.m.
Hi Riz,

Accessing the backend database directly won't make anything easy for retrieving the workitems. Instead it would  probably be easier if you create same query structurally and export the results from different project areas.

Comments
Ziv Rechnitser commented Apr 10 '13, 8:06 a.m.

Thanks,

We have project manager that manage to different ProjectAreas.
I want to give him the capability to see WIs from two ProjectsAres in one place (excle or one of the RTC client), is it possible?
It is possible to get straight to the RTC DB tables at all?

Ziv

Indradri Basu commented Apr 10 '13, 9:50 a.m.

Getting straight to the db tables and retrieve right information would expect you to know the relationship between all relevant tables to form a query and I would consider that a quite time consuming and fairly complex task. As I said, you can just right click on the query from your respective project areas and export to a csv format and open in excel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.