It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export workitem in into xml

Vidya Jothiraman (3313) | asked Nov 06 '15, 12:52 a.m.
edited Nov 06 '15, 2:13 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Hi

In RTC is there a possibility to export the work items into xml file? I know we can export a template of a workitem. But I want the work items to be exported as xml, like how we do as a csv file.

2 answers

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713450) | answered Nov 06 '15, 2:17 a.m.
I am pretty sure this feature doesn't exist. Just export as HTML or csv. Nor can I find an enhancement for it. If you have a valid reason for needing work items as xml, I suggest you explain the use case in an enhancement request.

Comments
Ian Wark commented Nov 06 '15, 2:20 a.m.

Note: It may be possible to change the CSV output to XML output via some free tool. For example, http://www.convertcsv.com/csv-to-xml.htm. But I'm not sure if that would be helpful.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 06 '15, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware of a capability to export a work item as XML. You could use the OSCL interface to get the work item in XML and save it though.

Comments
Vidya Jothiraman commented Nov 06 '15, 3:53 a.m.

Hi Ralph

Can you please give more details on this

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 06 '15, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Workshop there are also several examples in the forum using CURL.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.