It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve user-defined RDF-URIs in OSLC query results

Stephan Leutenmayr (2319) | asked Jan 23 '17, 10:54 a.m.

The query results of an OSLC query do include the custom attributes that are defined for an artefact type. However, the query results do not use the RDF-URIs that I defined in the project properties for those custom attributes. Rather, arbitrary URIs are used, e.g. https://hostname/rm/types/_Otp_YceDEeagedFUHCigAA#4647618b-7d09-4f82-8d1e-04db2bb621a9

Only if I retrieve a single artefact using its rdf:about URI, my user defined RDF-URIs are used, e.g.
<j.0:country rdf:resource="https://hostname/rm/country#a-country-name"/>

Is it possible to have the user defined RDF-URI included in the OSLC query results?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Jan 23 '17, 11:11 a.m.

The OSLC standard does not define any means of translating these implementation URIs into some more logical user-provided URI. This would rather be a tool specific capability base on how it supports extensibility.

Comments
Stephan Leutenmayr commented Jan 24 '17, 2:59 a.m. | edited Oct 07 '17, 4:26 p.m.

Dear Jim,

thank you for your answer. This clarifies the issue somewhat. I understand that the OSLC standard does not define a translation between these URIs. However, I do not understand why the OSLC implementation of IBM on the one hand provides the user defined URIs when retrieving a single artefact but does not provide the user defined URIs when querying for artefacts. As this is the Jazz forum of IBM, I was hoping to learn on the specific implementation of IBM.

Kind regards

Stephan

permanent link
Lonnie VanZandt (88517) | answered Oct 20 '17, 3:01 p.m.

One can ask DNG for the Schema for a Component of ProjectArea for a given Configuration. That XML document is the Rosetta Stone which allows one to translate from the Component's custom type URIs to the inscrutable, internal ones used by Jazz.

Either with a bit of XSLT or with some RDF reasoning, one can map from one form of the URIs to the other by following the owl:sameAs relationship.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.