It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Transition Management

John Steele (27112) | asked Jan 17 '17, 1:28 p.m.

Is it possible to make it impossible to mark a User Story as Done if any of its child tasks are incomplete?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Reed (126516) | answered Jan 17 '17, 1:38 p.m.

You can use a server-side precondition "All Children Resolved" or you can create your own custom Operation Advisor. Here is an old link but it is very informative: https://jazz.net/library/article/495

-michael

John Steele selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
John Steele commented Jan 17 '17, 1:46 p.m.

Michael - Thank you very much! I now have some reading to do on Operation Advisors. Cheers.

Michael Reed commented Jan 17 '17, 1:49 p.m.

My pleasure. I use the "All Children Resolved" on several of my implementations and find it very useful but "Resolved" needs to be a point in the workflow that makes sense. I have one customer that only wanted to allow a parent to be closed when all the children were actually closed which means you either need to make "Closed" the resolve state or you need to create a custom operation advisor. We opted to do it the simpler way but that still worked within their general workflow.

-michael

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 18 '17, 2:53 a.m. | edited Jan 18 '17, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.